Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I Love Books


I love books. I love the way they smell and feel and look. I love the ideas and wisdom, the stories and laughter we find in them. I enjoy all kinds of books, from novels to non-fiction. I especially enjoy mysteries, and detective stories.

I love libraries, a wonderful gift to readers. If a book is not available at the local library, I use Interlibrary Loan. This is a network of various libraries and institutions in North American that agree to loan items to one another. I also use Link+ at the local library to search, sometimes locate, and then request a book from a different library. These sources enabled me to obtain every book I ever wanted to read.

All my life, I’ve had a book mark in two or three books at a time.

Books are a beautiful way to learn and expand one’s vocabulary. If a word is not familiar, then I write it down, and look it up. Upon seeing the word again, if I’m not sure what it means, I again write it down, and look it up. I repeat this process until I remember the definition.

I keep a Book Log of books I’ve read. I record the date, author, title, and bibliographical details. Sometimes I write quotes in the Book Log, to savor later, and to quote in my writing.

During life’s difficult times, books keep me from despair.

Reading keeps me sane, and happy, and learning, and growing. I love books.

No comments:

Post a Comment